- Why Exply?
- What is Exply?
- Who should use Exply?
- What is the difference between Spreadsheets and Exply?
- Does Exply support creating dashboards?
- What type of dashboards can be created with Exply?
- Which browsers are supported by Exply?
- Which languages are supported by the Exply User Interface?
- What are the security and privacy policies of Exply?
- How much does Exply cost?
- Do you provide a free version of Exply?
- Do you offer a discount for educational, non-profit and open source organisations?
- How do you define a “User”?
- What are the file formats from which you can import data into Exply?
- How to upload/push/import data periodically into Exply?
- I’m missing a Data Sources, what can I do?
- Can I share my data, reports and dashboards with other users?
- Can I allow others to create dashboards & reports in my database?
- Can I export my dashboards created in Exply? If yes, what are the supported formats?
1. Why Exply?
In short: We believe, that it should be simple to get value from your data.
Generating, storing and using a huge amount of various data in different systems (SAP, Excel, JIRA, CRMs, ERPs, etc.) has long since become a daily business worldwide. The success of modern companies relies on data analytics for intelligent operational and strategic decisions, no matter which industry or size.
You shouldn't need a data analyst to be able to derive value from your data.
Easily harmonising all corporate data silos leads to honest transparency, more motivated teams, better customer communication and more intelligent decisions with better results - and it's fun, too!
2. What is Exply?
Exply is a self-service BI and analytics solution that provides you with interactive dashboards, reports and data visualisation to make intelligent, informed decisions.
Connect your previously not connectable data sources and systems. Explore your existing data to easily visualise your projects on the level you need: from your project portfolio overview in a single dashboard gadget to detailed time records on individual tasks. Automatically create rich and powerful dashboards, reports and charts with Exply using drag-and-drop.
3. Who should use Exply?
Exply is designed to be used across various functional areas and by a wide range of users for their reports, dashboards and other analytical needs. Especially Project Managers, Product Owners, Developers, JIRA Users, Controllers, Executives, C-Level, (Web) Agencies and many more.
4. What is the difference between Spreadsheets and Exply?
Spreadsheets are the most common way in SMB (Small and Mid-Sized Businesses) to collect, aggregate and analyse data. They are also used to create reports and some kind of dashboards.
Microsoft Excel, as one of the most widely used tools across any enterprise (small or big), is used to collect & integrate data, as well as create reports & make an analysis. The wide distribution and familiarity make it a versatile tool for business analysis and reporting.
However, multiple platforms, systems, logins, data and functions make it very difficult to merge all of them into simple spreadsheets or work with all the data collaboratively. There are areas in which spreadsheets are limited as a business intelligence tool.
Downsides of Spreadsheets as a Business Intelligence Tool
- Data Credibility: Data will change over time. New entries will be added, old ones deleted and some will switch values. As time passes, and more users get involved, it's almost impossible to know which version is the correct one (single-version-of-truth).
- Data Complexity: The more advanced the data gets (f.e. multiple sources, macros, complex formulas using many spreadsheets), the harder it is to get rid of errors and inconsistencies and locate their origin.
- Collaboration: In general, spreadsheets are designed for one user at a time. Therefore simultaneously working on one spreadsheet is not possible. This leads to spreadsheet sharing via email, resulting in numerous versions for various users and potential conflicting copies. Some tools try to fill this gap by uploading spreadsheets into a cloud - with potential data security issues.
- Accessibility: Excel spreadsheets are mainly used with desktop-based applications and are therefore not accessible anytime/anywhere. Newer cloud versions try to solve this challenge but lack in terms of functionality.
- Access Rights: Spreadsheets provide only extremely simplified access right management tools, meaning write or read-only rights along with password protection but no complex user management on the data level.
- Functionality: Spreadsheet reports are static. Comparing different time periods or teams is not easily possible. Doing a complete data analysis is only possible in a huge amount of time.
- Relating Data: Combining and merging different types of data, building relationships between different sources is very hard.
- Scalability: The more complex datasets become, the harder it will be for local desktop PCs or tablets to do the processing responsively and fluently.
- Publishing Data: Automatically publishing reports and data into other systems (intranets, blogs, websites, 3rd party apps) or sending them via email to predefined recipients is not possible.
Top Takeaways in favour of Exply
- Easy-to-create drag-and-drop reports & dashboards
- Powerful user management on the low data context level
- Designed for collaboration
- Single Version of Truth (Data Integrity) - Everyone uses the same data
- Scalable for huge data sets and multi-user access
- Your data is yours! Exply runs on your own server
5. Does Exply support creating dashboards?
In short - Yes!
Exply is especially designed to visualize your data in powerful dashboards. Check out the Drag-and-Drop Dashboards page for more information!
6. What type of dashboards can be created with Exply?
Exply pushes the boundaries by enabling you to create fully customisable dashboards.
Exply provides an easy-to-use drag-and-drop interface empowering you to build beautiful dashboards in minutes. Create rich dashboards showing the most important and relevant business information/key performance indicators at a glance to the corresponding people like C-Level, marketing, sales, product managers and so on.
Easily create any dashboard you can think of like:
- Executive Reporting Dashboards
- Company Dashboards
- Business Dashboards
- Management Dashboards
- Financial Dashboards
- Sales Dashboards
- Operational Dashboards
- Performance Dashboards
- Project Dashboards
- Marketing Dashboards
- Jira Dashboards
7. Which browsers are supported by Exply?
Exply supports the following browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer - version 9 and above
- Microsoft Edge
8. Which languages are supported by the Exply User Interface?
Exply's user interface is currently available in English only.
We're working on supporting more languages in the future, including:
9. What are the security and privacy policies of Exply?
2. Do you provide a free version of Exply?
In short - yes and no.
Exply on Premises is available for free for up to 2 Users - for forever. You can download Exply on Premises here.
Exply for Jira & Tempo Timesheets is free for 30 days, so that you have enough time to see if it fits your needs. You can download Exply for Jira & Tempo at the Atlassian Marketplace.
Feel free to contact us, if you're in need of any kind of support: email@example.com
You can find out more details about the various plans Exply offers, by visiting the Pricing Details.
3. Do you offer a discount for educational, non-profit and open source organisations?
Academic organisations receive a 50% discount on all available licenses.
As part of the Open Source Community (Neos CMS) ourselves, we offer the Exply for Jira add-on free of charge for all Open Source Projects and Non-Profits.
4. How do you define a “User”?
We define a user as any user who has access to your Jira instance.
1. What are the file formats from which you can import data into Exply?
You're able to import several data formats like:
- Jira Server
- Tempo Time Sheets
- XML Files (experimental)
- CSV Files (experimental)
- JSON files (experimental)
- Git repositories (git, GitHub, Gitlab) (experimental)
For more information visit the Data Sources page.
2. How to upload/push/import data periodically into Exply?
Each importer can be configured independently.
We currently use the crontab logic to configure the importer times. You'll find some basic examples within the importer settings.
If you need some special configurations you can use this crontab generator.
3. I’m missing a Data Source, what can I do?
Tell us about it! Seriously - simply write us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll put it on our list for further improvements.
Sharing, Collaboration, Publishing & Export
1. Can I share my data, reports and dashboards with other users?
Exply provides a powerful user management, enabling you to create highly individual user and group profiles with several levels of data views like:
- Assigned Groups
- Create & Manage Dashboards
- Viewable Dashboards
- Manage Importers
- Viewable & usable Data Types
- Viewable & usable Data Document Types
E.g.: you can easily give your customers and teams project insights in real time by creating dedicated project dashboards.
Visit the User Management page to learn more about it.
2. Can I allow others to create dashboards & reports in my database?
By using the integrated User Management you can easily define who's allowed to create new dashboards and has the data access rights.
3. Can I export my dashboards created in Exply? If yes, what are the supported formats?
Of course! Every dashboard can be easily exported by clicking on the three dots in the upper right corner. All data is currently exported as Excel files.
The export provides the following types:
- Small Export - containing the pure data selected in your dashboard and fully functional pivot tables
- Raw Data Export - containing all raw data that was used for the dashboard
Help & Support
2. Do you offer telephone support?
Sure - Just give us a call: +49 351 212 499 11
3. How can I get information about new features/announcements?
We offer a dedicated newsletter to inform you about updates.
If you're interested in or are already using Exply for Jira, just visit Exply for Jira in the Atlassian Marketplace, scroll down to resources and click "Watch app".
For new general information on Exply feel free to contact us directly via e-mail: email@example.com and we'll keep you updated individually.