- Why Exply?
- What is Exply?
- Who should use Exply?
- What is the difference between Spreadsheets and Exply?
- Does Exply support creating dashboards?
- What type of dashboards can be created with Exply?
- Which browsers are support by Exply?
- Which languages are supported by the Exply User Interface?
- What are the security and privacy policies of Exply?
- How much does Exply for JIRA cost?
- Do you provide a free version of Exply?
- Do you offer a discount for educational, non-profit and open source organisations?
- How do you define a “User”?
- What are the file formats from which you can import data into Exply?
- How to upload/push/import data periodically into Exply?
- I’m missing a Data Sources, what can I do?
- Can I share my data, reports and dashboards with other users?
- Can I allow others to create dashboards & reports in my database?
- Can I export my dashboards created in Exply? If yes, what are the supported formats?
1. Why Exply?
Generating, storing and using a huge amount of different data in different systems (SAP, Excel, JIRA, CRMs, ERPs, etc.) has long become daily business world wide. Success of modern companies relies on data analytics for intelligent operational and strategic decisions. No matter which industry or size.
However, multiple platforms, systems, data, users, logins, and functions result in barriers and silos making it hard or even impossible to harmonies and letting them work together. This leads to great inefficiency and challenges getting the right information at the right time due to a lack of transparency and the inability to manage KPIs.
That was the decisive point why we created Exply.
We help challenging the status quo, by making data accessible and understandable.
Corporate data silos don't need to be separated anymore. The separate stored data is more useful, when it's connected to each other.
Easily harmonising all corporate data silos leads to honest transparency, more motivated teams, better customer communication and more intelligent decisions with better results - and is fun, too.
2. What is Exply?
Exply is a self-service BI and analytics solution that provides you with interactive dashboards, reports and data visualisation to make intelligent, informed decisions.
Connect your previously not connectable data sources and systems. Explore your existing data to easily visualize your projects on the level you need: from your project portfolio overview in a single dashboard gadget to detailed time records on individual tasks.Automatically create rich and powerful dashboards, reports and charts with Exply using drag-and-drop.
3. Who should use Exply?
Exply is designed to be used across various functional areas and by a wide range of users for their reports, dashboards and other analytical needs. Especially Project Managers, Product Owners, Developers, JIRA User, Controller, Executives, C-Level, (Web) Agencys and many more.
4. What is the difference between Spreadsheets and Exply?
Spreadsheets are the most common way in SMB (Small and Mid-Sized Businesses) to collect, aggregate and analyse data. They are also used to create reports and some kind of dashboards.
Microsoft Excel, as one of the most widely used tool across any enterprise (small or big), is used to collect & integrate data as well as a create reports & analysis. The wide distribution and familiarity makes it a versatile tool for business analysis and reporting.
However, multiple platforms, systems, logins, data and functions make it very difficult to merge all of them into simple spreadsheets or work with all the data collaborative. There are areas in which spreadsheets are limited as business intelligence tool.
Downsides of Spreadsheets as a Business Intelligence Tool
- Data Credibility: Data will change over time. New entries will be added, old ones deleted and some will switch values. As time passes, and more users get involved, it's almost impossible to know which version is the correct one. (single version of truth)
- Data Complexity: The more advanced the data gets (f.e. multiple sources, macros, complex formulas using many spreacsheets), the harder it is to get rid of errors and inconsinstencies and locate their origin.
- Collaboration: In general, spreadsheets are designed for one user at a time. Therefore simultaeniously working on one spreadsheet is not possible which leads to sending spreadsheets via e-mail, resulting in numerous versions for various users and potential conflicting copies. Some tools are trying to fill this gap by uploading spreadsheets into the cloud with potential data security issues.
- Accessibility: Excel spreadsheets are mainly used with desktop-based applications and are therefore not accessible anytime/anywhere. Newer cloud-versions try to solve this challenge but lack in terms of functionality.
- Access Rights: Spreadsheets provide only very simplified access rights meaning write or read-only rights along with password protection but no complex user management on data level.
- Functionality: Spreadsheet reports are static. Comparing different time periods or teams are not easily possible. Doing complete data analysis is only possible with a huge amount of time.
- Relating Data: Combining and merging differnt types of data, building relationships between different sources is very hard.
- Scalability: The more complex datasets become, the harder it will be for local desktops PCs or tablets to do the processing in a responsive and fluent way.
- Publishing Data: Automatically publishing reports and data into other systems (intranets, blogs, websites, 3rd party apps) or sending them via e-mail to predefined recepients is not possible.
Top Takeaways in favor of Exply
- Easy to create drag-and-drop reports & dashboards
- Powerful user management on low data context level
- Designed for collaboration
- Single Version of Truth (Data Integrity). Everyone uses the same data
- Scalable for huge data sets and multi-user access
- Your data is yours! Exply is running on your own server
5. Does Exply support creating dashboards?
In short - Yes!
Exply is especially designed to visualize your data in powerful dashboards. Check out the Drag-and-Drop Dashboards page for more information!
6. What type of dashboards can be created with Exply?
Exply pushes the boundries by enabling you to create fully customizable dashboards.
Exply provides an easy to use drag-and-drop interface empowering you to build beautiful dashboards in minutes. Create rich dashboards showing the most important and relevant business information/key performance indicators at a glance to the corresponding people like C-Level, marketing, sales, product managers and so on.
Easily create any dashboard you can think of like:
- Exexcutive Reporting Dashboards
- Company Dashboards
- Business Dashboards
- Management Dashboards
- Financial Dashboards
- Sales Dashboards
- Operational Dashboards
- Performance Dashboards
- Project Dashboards
- Marketing Dashboards
- JIRA Dashboards
7. Which browsers are support by Exply?
Exply supports the following browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer - version 9 and above
- Microsoft Edge
8. Which languages are supported by the Exply User Interface?
Explys user interface is actually available in English only.
We're working to support more languages in the future including:
- and more
9. What are the security and privacy policies of Exply?
Pricing - Exply for JIRA
1. How much does Exply for JIRA cost?
The Exply for JIRA pricing depends on your JIRA instance and the number of users.
You'll find more detailed pricing information in the Atlassian Marketplace.
2. Do you provide a free version of Exply?
The first Exply for JIRA versions are free because of their public beta status. You can download them at the Atlassian Marketplace.
Since version 3.2.0 we left the beta status and started publishing new Exply versions in shorter iterations, providing new features & improvements faster, as well as more detailed support.
You have the option to test Exply for JIRA completely free for 30 days and see if it fits your needs.
Feel free to contact us, if you're needing any kind of support: email@example.com
You can find more details about the various plans Exply offers, by visiting the Pricing Details
3. Do you offer a discount for educational, non-profit and open source organisations?
Academic organisations receive a 50% discount on all available licenses.
As part of the Open Source Community (Neos CMS) ourselves, the Exply for JIRA add on is available free of charge for all Open Source Projects and Non-Profits.
4. How do you define a “User”?
We're defining a user as any user who has access to your JIRA instance.
1. What are the file formats from which you can import data into Exply?
You're able to import several data formats like:
- JIRA Server
- Active Collab
- XML Files
- CSV Files
- Tempo Time Sheets
- JSON files
- Git repositories (git, GitHub, Gitlab)
For more information visit the Data Sources page
2. How to upload/push/import data periodically into Exply?
Each importer can be configured independently.
We're actually using the crontab logic to configure the importer times. You'll find some basic examples within the importer settings.
If you're needing some special configurations you can use this crontab generator.
3. I’m missing a Data Sources, what can I do?
Tell us about it! Seriously - just write us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll put it on our list for further improvements.
Sharing, Collaboration, Publishing & Export
1. Can I share my data, reports and dashboards with other users?
Exply provides a powerful usermanagement, enabling you to create highly individual user and group profiles with several levels of data views like:
- Assigned Groups
- Create & Manage Dashboards
- Viewable Dashboards
- Manage Importers
- Viewable & usable Data Types
- Viewable & usable Data Document Types
F.e. you can easily give your customers and teams project insights in real time by creating dedicated project dashboards.
Visit the User Management page to get to know more about it.
2. Can I allow others to create dashboards & reports in my database?
By using the integrated User Management you easily define who's able to create new dashboards and the data access rights.
3. Can I export my dashboards created in Exply? If yes, what are the supported formats?
Of course! Every dashboard can be easily exported by clicking on the three dots in the upper right corner. All data is actually exported as Excel files.
The export provides the following types:
- Small Export - containing the pure data selected in your dashboard and fully functional pivot tables
- Raw Data Export - containing all raw data, that led to the dashboard
Help & Support
2. Do you offer telephone support?
Sure - Just give us a call: +49 351 212 499 11
3. How can I get information about new features/announcements?
We're actually not offering a dedicated newsletter to inform about new updates.
If you're interested in or are already using Exply for JIRA, just visit Exply for JIRA in the Atlassian Marketplace, scroll down to ressources and click "Watch app".
For new general information on Exply feel free to contact us directly via e-mail: email@example.com and we'll keep you individually updated.